KingdomTaurusNews.com – How to use emergency calling numbers on iPhone (SOS) – The SOS feature on iPhone is very useful, when you make a call iPhone will automatically dial the local emergency number.
Apart from that, users can also add emergency contacts on iPhone. After the emergency call ends, iPhone will alert emergency contacts with a text message, iPhone will send your current location and for a certain period of time after entering SOS mode, emergency contacts will receive updated information when location changes.
How to Make an Emergency Call Number on iPhone
- Open the Health app and tap the profile picture (head icon, blue circle).
- Click Medical ID.
- Click Edit, then scroll to Emergency Contacts.
- Click the Add button to add an emergency contact.
- Click a contact, then add what their relationship with you is.
- Tap Done.
How to Use Emergency Calling on iPhone
- Press and hold the side button and one of the volume buttons until the SOS Emergency slider appears.
- Drag the SOS Emergency slider to call emergency services. If you don’t drag the slider, but continue to hold the side button and volume button, a countdown will start and an alert will sound.
- If you hold down the button until the countdown ends, iPhone will automatically call emergency services.
How to End iPhone emergency calls
- If you start the countdown by mistake, you can cancel it.
- iPhone 8 or later, release the side button and volume button.
- iPhone 7 or earlier, press the Stop button, then tap Stop Calling.
- Tap the End Call button the end call icon (red phone icon), then confirm that you want to stop calling.
That’s how to use emergency call numbers on iPhone (SOS) and how to call SOS on iPhone.